Double-Extreme Bible Trivia Test 4: Answers
1. What was the first miracle that Jesus performed? (It was not turning water into wine)? He cast a demon out of a man and healed Peter’s mother-in-law prior to calling Peter and the others to follow him. After they followed him, he turned the water to wine. That was the first “miraculous sign” (John 2:11) but Jesus had exorcised a demon and healed Peter’s mother-in-law before this “miraculous sign.”
2. Paul and Peter each had an amanuensis for some of their letters, that is, a type of secretary. We don’t know about all of their letters, but we do know the name of the amanuensis for one of Paul’s letters and one of Peter’s letters. Which letters are they, and who were the amanuenses? Paul: Romans 16:22: Tertius. Peter: I Peter 5:12: Silas
3. Who was the first person to prophesy? Enoch, from Jude 14.
4. We know of one person from the Bible who went to heaven but was not baptized; who was that? The thief on the cross beside Jesus.
5. Which of the Apostles had a twin? Thomas, also called “Didymus” which means “twin.” John 11:16; 20:24; and 21:2.
6. After Sarah died, Abraham remarried: what was his second wife’s name? Keturah; Genesis 25:1.
7. How many children did she bear Abraham? 6; Genesis 25:2.
8. What was Barnabas’ original name, and what Jewish tribe was he from? Acts 4:36: “Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called ‘Barnabas’.”
9. How old was Moses when he told Pharaoh to let the Jews go? 80. Exodus 7:7
10. Who were Peter’s partners in his fishing business? James and John (Luke 5:10) and Andrew (Matthew 4:18)
©2016 Mark Nickens