Double-Extreme Bible Trivia Test 3
Only five questions and the first two are jokes. But the fifth question has nine parts to it.
- Paul, when he was known as Saul, witnessed the stoning of Stephen as described in Acts 7:59-8:1. Why did Paul not join in on the stone-throwing?
- Communion, or the Lord’s Supper, is described in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, but not in John. Instead, John describes the Footwashing event at the Last Supper. Why did John not include a description of Communion?
- In II Corinthians, Paul lists different ways that he was persecuted: “Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned.” (II Corinthians 11:24, 25a) But he left out one. In another of his letters, he mentions a different persecution which he endured. What is the letter and what was the persecution? Hint, it happened in Ephesus, but it is not found in the book of Ephesians.
- Jesus’ words are found throughout the Four Gospels. Yet other books of the New Testament also contain Jesus’ words. What other New Testament books include the words of Jesus? And how many times do the words of Jesus occur outside the Gospels in the New Testament? (Do not include Revelation, which has Jesus’ words scattered throughout.)
- The book of Revelation refers to Jesus’ return as well as Judgment Day, but other biblical books also refer to end-time events. Which of the following verses come from Revelation, and which come from other biblical books? (No fair looking in your Bible, try to guess from memory. I am not asking which other books, just which are from Revelation and which are from other books in the Bible.):
- “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.”
- “And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.”
- “For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.”
- “At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.”
- “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth that spoke boastfully.”
- “It is written: ‘A surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.’ So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.”
- “All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved and the sky rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree.”
- “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even out faith.”
- “There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.”
©2017 Mark Nickens