- Mark Nickens is a native of North Carolina and currently lives in the rural town (no stoplights!) of Sandy Ridge, NC, just north of Winston-Salem. He is married to Teresa, who is a high school art teacher, and has one daughter, LindsayAnn, who is a Master of Theology student at Dallas Theological Seminary.
- He graduated from Wingate University in Wingate, NC, in 1989 with a B.A. in Religious Studies.
- He attended The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary where he graduated with a Master of Divinity degree in 1994 and was conferred a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Church History in 1999.
- Since 1994, Mark has taught at 20 seminaries, universities, Bible colleges, and Bible institutes in the USA as well as Belize, India, Kenya, and Nigeria.
- Mark has made presentations at academic meetings as well as written articles for academic journals, a national denominational magazine, and for several encyclopedias. He is currently under contract with Wipf & Stock for a book on the Apostle Peter (publication date: 2018). Mark’s future publication plans involve writing short Church History books for sale as ebooks and paperback books and continuing to expand this website.